ND’s can now offer virtual consults via telemedicine.
With changes evolving daily, as preventative measures are established in the clinics and PPE guidelines are implemented visits at the office will slowly become integrated.
If you are experiencing 1 of the symptoms of Covic-19 or have come in contact with anyone who has had Covid-19, it is mandatory that you get screened.
- Fever (temperature of 37.8°C or greater)
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath (dyspnea)
- Sore throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- New olfactory or taste disorder(s)
- Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Runny nose, or nasal congestion – in absence of underlying reason for these symptoms such as seasonal allergies, post nasal drip, etc.
Atypical symptoms can include:
- Unexplained fatigue/malaise/myalgias
- Delirium (acutely altered mental status and inattention)
- Unexplained or increased number of falls
- Acute functional decline
- Exacerbation of chronic conditions
- Chills • Headaches
- Multisystem inflammatory vasculitis in children
Other signs of COVID-19 can include:
- Clinical or radiological evidence of pneumonia
Atypical signs can include:
- Unexplained tachycardia, including age specific tachycardia for children 3 | Page
- Decrease in blood pressure • Unexplained hypoxia (even if mild i.e. O2 sat <90%)
- Lethargy, difficulty feeding in infants (if no other diagnosis)
Looking forward to seeing you all again soon!
Yours in health,
Carolyn Mercer, B.Sc., N.D.
“The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his or her patients in the care of the human frame, in a proper diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.” ~ Thomas Edison